- The blog shall become a place for reports and news;
- NEXT IS can be managed as social platform, where exchange ideas, projects and data and create conversations aiming at the establishment of possible joint measures;
- Marche Innovation will become the repository of project data, i.e. the consolidated figures;
- The platforms are going to be hosted on the cloud of the Marche Region, solving the problem of sustainability of the platforms, as regards the content produced by the project.
- the promotion, widening and consolidation of the cooperation between Universities, Companies, Researchers, Local Government;
- the piloting of innovative mechanisms to support joint research, technology transfer and business development in the Adriatic-Ionian area.
- Analyse business opportunities in the Adriatic Ionian area (NEXT Outlooks and Trends)
- Get in contact with actors, who can sustain innovation and internationalization processes in partner countries (NEXT Open book)
- Be informed about financing opportunities supporting R&D projects and business development in the Adriatic Ionian area (NEXT Blog).
- NEXT Info Point, a window providing information on the financing opportunities through EU programmes and on services provided by the project NEXT.
- NEXT Info Desk Europe, a desk carrying out preliminary assessment of project ideas developed to fit into European Programmes, like Horizon 2020 and COSME as well as counselling.
- To secure an active participation of companies and innovation actors, feeding the online platform with opportunities is crucial. In this sense and looking at future developments, a stronger contribution from local “newsrooms” able to spot and advertise into the platform regional opportunities should be envisaged;
- To facilitate the “virtual transition” and engaging the target groups in online collaboration, the face to face events organized during the project has been very important;
- Although Marche region experienced some problems in launching the first pilot with NEXT IS, is clear that the digital divide is still affecting Italian SMEs, hampering their capacity to fully exploit the opportunities offered by the platform.
- To support promising companies and startups in accessing financing opportunities, particularly, those offered by the risk capital market, a stronger on site assistance for developing their Investment readiness would be needed.
- innovation is a key factor for SMEs competitiveness and growth
- SMEs need to switch from a learning by doing model to a Science and Technology Innovation model, based on a systematic application of scientific knowledge to product design and production processes. This transition brings two main consequences: a) differently from the traditional model, the new model requires a stronger interaction between industry, academy and government (Triple Helix model) and b) it is essential for firms, research centres and policy makers to know which kind of research and technological competences are available within the region;
- This is where ICT (Information and Communication Technology) enters the scene. ICT offers us great opportunities to support the new model, by providing means to represent the research and technological competences of firms and universities and by providing tools to facilitate the matching between supply and demand of technological knowledge. Although the opportunities are huge they are not easy to implement. There are technological but also cultural, organizational and governance problems.
- The level of integration of the IT platform with the regional eco-system: the higher the interconnection of the platform with the regional innovation players and with the regional innovation assets the better for the actual functioning of the service;
- To lower complexity and to secure coordination, the option of federating with other existing regional, national and international platforms might be envisaged in order to exchange data and to share information on opportunities, policies and impacts. This will allow to scale up the platform potential and reach whilst preserving its regional profile.
- To work on human resources development for enabling a full usage of the ICT tool and for driving a cultural change among the triple actors towards a more entrepreneurial innovation culture.
- how to use NEXT IS platform to support the goal to favour participation to EU Programmes?
- which kind of services must be implemented in NEXT IS platforms to foster cooperation in the Macro Region?
- which kind of actions must be done to strengthen the NEXT partnership?
Technology platforms, governance models and innovation processes. These are the three cornerstones on which will focus NEXT final event, the project led by the Marche Region that aims to create a collaborative platform for innovation and technology transfer.
View attachement for more informations.
JCube and Vertis are organising a startup acceleration program, aiming to train, assist and grow startups from all countries of the Adriatic.
VJ Acceleration Program is the entrepreneurial acceleration program promoted by Vertis and JCube, thanks to the support of the project PACiNNO – Platform for trans-Academic Cooperation and Innovation – coordinated by the University of Trieste and co-funded by the European Union. VJ Acceleration Program comes from the experience of Vertis SGR and JCube, operators of reference in the world of business creation, incubation and venture capital. How to apply Applicants are asked to fulfill and submit the application form online within 30th June 2015. Who can apply Team with business projects or startups, based (or to be based) in the Adriatic Area. Participation in VJ Accelerator is completely free, reserved only for the best business ideas and startups that can bring important innovations in their markets. All other expenses are not included (ie: travel expenses, room and board, expenses to attend the training sessions etc.). An evaluation committee made up of operators of venture capital and incubation professionals will assess the applications as they arise: selections will close on 30th June 2015. Due to the limited number of places available and the high number of applications, it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.