From innovation to business – 16th and 17th September 2014 Hotel Maestral, Budva
NEXT event “From innovation to business” was organized inside “Regional XIX Milocer Development Forum 2014” by Faculty for information system and technologies in cooperation with Association of Economics and Managers of Montenegro, University of Donja Gorica and Alliance of Central-Eastern European Universities.
NEXT event From innovation to business were attended by 400 participants, 70 eminent participants from sector of business, science and politics. Participants from Montenegro, region and Europe. Creativity, inovations and design are discussed trough different types of pannels, workshops, roundtables and also, in the focus of conference were banks and capital market. Namely, the purpose of this event was to analyze importance of innovations, creativity and design for development.
Main aims of these conference are compatible with general and specific objectvies of project customized for Montenegro:
1. Presentation of NEXT project to business and research sector and disemination of information between these two sectors;
2. Identification of potential stakeholders in business and research sector in Montenegro;
3. Detection of problems in business and research sector related for inovation;
4. Recommendations for improvement sectors of development an research in business and research institutions;
5. Networking between bussines and research institutions;
6. Promotion of investment opportunities.
Introduction about Match Making event was presented by Sandra Tinaj, General manager, University of Donja Gorica and senior staff in NEXT project: THE ADRIATIC PLATFORM FOR RESEARCH & INNOVATION . Each sector has its own challenges and opportunities. Businesses in the creative industry excel in designing and producing art, music, buildings and games. But there is unexplored potential in marketing these products. The food and horticulture sectors aim to expand their international positions. The energy sector sees opportunities in the development of renewable energy sources.
All top sectors have a strong international position. Industry and science share a wealth of knowledge and jointly develop innovations. Products and technologies produced by these top sectors contribute to finding solutions to societal issues. The food and horticulture sectors for instance invest in developing healthy foods for consumers. This will help reduce healthcare costs and absenteeism rates.