FEASIBILITY STUDY OF USING BIOMASS IN ORDER TO UTILIZE WOOD WASTE IN HERCEGOVINA REGION WITHIN THE PROJECT NEXTWithin the project NEXT REDAH developed a study of using biomass for utilization of wood waste. REDAH spoke with companies from wood processing sector and collected the following data: 25 companies from wood processing sector produced about 7000 tones of wood waste annually, mainly sawdust and chunks, while plastic waste is separated from the wood. Task of this study is to evaluate the potential of biomass in the area of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, as well as potential of biomass that is available from the largest wood processing companies in the area of Herzegovina, e.g. Lignum Ltd. Mostar, Maoles Ltd. Mostar, Stolarija Kraljević and other wood processing companies in Herzegovina region. Study was developed by company Dvokut Pro Ltd. http://www.project-next.eu/site_media/media/uploads/documents/Feasibility%20study%20FINAL%2023-12-2014.pdf
Foundation “Partnership for Development” (PfD) will organize on February 20, 2015 at Hotel Tirana International in Tirana, Albania the:
1st Competition “Your Innovative Idea”.The Competition will be organized by the Foundation “Partnership for Development” (PfD) in collaboration with the National Agency for Research, Technology and Innovation (ARTI) and the Academy of Science, in the framework of the NEXT Project 023 “Collaborative Platform to support research and technology transfer” funded by European Commission in the framework of IPA Adriatic Program. This Competition is intended to promote the “SMART PEOPLE”, generate innovative ideas that provide solutions, minimize risks and maximize impact through the technology and intelligent methods, contributing to the development of various sectors of the economy by improving the life of citizens. This initiative will directly contribute to the NEXT Collaborative Online Platform by furnishing and supplying it in a sustainable way with the proposals of innovative ideas. The Competition agenda will be prepared and shared in the upcoming days. Foundation “Partnership for Development” (PfD) NEXT Project Management Unit www.foundationpfd.org
Smart Manufacturing is the way, for many countries, to revitalize many industries. IDC has published its insights in the report IDC PlanScape: Smart Manufacturing – The Path to the Future Factory.Key findings of the new report include:
- Use the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) equation to understand the potential benefits, and tie those benefits to financial metrics such as revenue, costs, and asset levels to justify investment.
- Broaden the OEE beyond individual pieces of equipment to look at the overall impact on product lines, factories, and the whole network of production facilities.
- Technology investment can be separated into capabilities related to connectivity, data acquisition, analytics, and actuation.
- A unifying architecture is required to bring the technology pieces together.
- Move toward an integrated governance model that incorporates both operation technology (OT) and information technology (IT) resources.
- Choose an investment cadence based on the level of executive support for smart manufacturing.